The Deccan Cliffhanger
Start Venue: The Cliff, Forest Trails, Bhugaon, Pune
Start Time: 5am – 7am
The Deccan Cliffhanger is an annual 643 Km (400 Mile) Ultra Cycling Race from Pune to Goa, comprising solo and relay team categories. The Relay event is RAAM style, and the Solo Race is a RAAM Qualifier.
Solo Racers who complete within the time limit will be qualified for the world’s toughest bicycle race – Race Across America
Race Across America (RAAM)
An Ultra-endurance event, a 5000 Km cycle race from East to West across the United States, starting from the Pacific coast and ending at the Atlantic, climbing 52000Mts. It is one long race, like a continuous race stage or time trial. Male Solo riders who ride the entire distance have up to 12 days to finish. Women solos and 50+ riders have 12 days and 21 hours. Relay Teams of 2, 4 or 8 persons get up to 9 days to finish. Most solos will not sleep more than 3 hours a day for the entire duration.
Divya Tate has crewed and officiated at numerous Ultraraces, gathering vast experience in managing Ultra Race Participation. She offers her services as an Advisor to Racers/Teams wishing to participate in International Ultraraces like Race Across America.
DATE : 5th Nov 2016
START : Pune – The Cliff, Paranjape Schemes
DISTANCE : 643 km (400 Miles)
FORMAT : Solo event and Team Based relay event
FINISH : Bogmalo Beach, Goa – 6th Afternoon
AWARDS CEREMONY – 7pm 6th Nov. 2016
PRE RACE: Registrations 3rd, 4th Nov
The Race starts in Pune, the city of cycles, and finishes in Goa, on the sea shore. Set on the Deccan Plateau, the route follows the Sahyadri Range, which defines the western edge of the Deccan, finally dropping through dense forests that cover the cliffs of the Escarpment, into the Konkan as it heads to the Indian Ocean. This 4th edition the route returns to the original route via Dharwad and Ramnagar route that goes through the Anshi Tiger Reserve.
The Deccan Cliffhanger 4th Edition – Registration
Registration Procedure for Deccan Cliffhanger 4th Edition
- Solo riders and Team Leaders need to fill in the form for their respective Category on Explara
- The Team forms have a time limit of 30 mins and the Solo form of 20 mins to fill them out.
- You need to have scanned copies of Age and ID proof of each rider ready for uploading.
- You also need to have all information of each rider ready, email, ph no., Blood group, Date of Birth and emergency contact details of Solo Rider or Team Leader.
- Make the payment using any of the gateways. All of them give you the option of Credit Card, Debit Card and net banking among others
- The Explara Ticket that you receive by email is only a confirmation of registration and payment.
- After Inspire India Team has approved your participation you will receive an approval email, confirming your participation in The Deccan Cliffhanger 4th edition
Terms and Conditions
I/We accept the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS for participating in THE DECCAN CLIFFHANGER 2016 organised by INSPIRE INDIA.
- I/We have read and agree to abide by the Race Rules and Regulations.
- I/We agree to comply with the traffic and road laws and regulations of India.
- I/We fully understand and agree that I/We am/are entering this event entirely at my/our own risk and accept without exception full and complete liability for all and any risks and will not hold responsible nor make claims against Inspire India, any of the participants or organizer, its committee members, agents or servants for any loss, damage or injury however caused in relation to my/our participation in this event.
- I/We understand that when I/We am/are riding a bicycle, I/We am/are required to wear a helmet at all times during the event.
- I/We understand that I/We am/are required to comply with all the safety requirements set out in the Race Rules.
- I/We understand that Inspire India reserves the right to refuse or cancel my/our registration, and will refund the registration fees after deductions for Payment Gateway Process. I/We understand that fees once paid will not be refunded under any other circumstance. Only in case organizers are forced to cancel the event will fees be refunded after deduction for operational expenses.
- I/We agree to sign the waiver form and submit the required information and documents at the time of Race Registration prior to the Race.
- I/We understand that any attempt at cheating (as determined by the race officials) if proven, will result in immediate disqualification.
- I/We agree to make the Payment of Registration fees as per the event tickets.
- Participation in the Event is subject to Approval from Inspire India Team after Payment of Registration fees.
Before Registering Please Read the RULES AND REGULATIONS
Find details of Categories and Timings
|Fees in Rs.||Solo||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person|
|Till 3rd September||7000||9500||12500||16500|
|4th September - 30th September||8000||10500||14000||18500|
|1st October - 23rd October||9000||12000||16000||20500|
Registration Fees include Participants’ Jersey (1 per participant), Finishers’ Award, and Participants’ Dinner at Finish Ceremony.
Mandatory Pre-Race Registration Requirements
PARTICIPATION WILL BE CANCELLED WITHOUT REFUND FOR NON COMPLETION OF PRE-RACE REGISTRATION FORMALITIES, VEHICLE AND BIKE INSPECTIONS OR NON ATTENDANCE OF PRE-RACE BRIEFING.
You are required to book an appointment for mandatory bike and vehicle inspection on 3rd or 4th Nov 2016. Out of Pune Participants will get priority for 4th Nov. Pune Participants are requested to opt for an appointment on 3rd Nov.
- Inspection Dates – 3rd & 4th Nov 2016
- Inspection Venue – The Cliff, Forest Trails, Paranjpe Schemes, Bhugaon
- Inspection Times – 10:00am-1:00pm and 2:00pm-6:00 pm (3rd and 4th Nov)
- Mandatory Racer Briefing – 1:00 pm-2:00pm (3rd and 4th Nov)
- Mandatory Photo Shoot – All day
All Racers HAVE to pass all the inspection criteria listed below to be cleared for Racing The Deccan Cliffhanger. Inspections will be conducted on the 3rd and 4th Nov between 10:00am and 6:00pm, strictly by appointment for the time slot you chose. Maximum 6 Racers/Teams in any one hour, If the time slot of your choice is full, you will be contacted for re-scheduling.
Those who come late or do not finish formalities within time will have to wait until Officials are free to attend to them. You are advised to keep everything ready for inspection before your time slot, except Racer no.s and Race signage that will be handed to you at that time.
Mandatory requirement – 2 Racer Briefings will take place, all solo racers, at least 1 racer per team of 2 or 3, and 2 racers of team of 4 and 1 crew member per solo or team, must attend a briefing.
FORM FOR BOOKING APPOINTMENT – https://goo.gl/forms/F5Efw8KkdtQOaEKt1
Bike Check – Check List
- Rider Number on front and rear – will be provided at Inspection Venue.
- Rider No. on Helmet.
- Front Bike Light – 150 Lumens visible for 500 feet.
- Red tail light – visible for 300 feet must have steady mode.
- Reflective Vest/Bandoleer.
- Reflective tape (If you do not have Reflective tape, you may purchase some at the Inspection Venue) approx ¼ inch by 3 inches long strips to be affixed on.
- Front fork legs,
- Seat stays
- either rear of pedals or heels of shoes,
- wheels (3 strips of 2 inches on each side)
Support Vehicle Check – Check List
- Race signage on front and both sides – will be provided at Inspection Venue.
- Race Number on all 4 sides – will be provided at Inspection Venue.
- “Slow-moving vehicle” Triangle OR 2 feet reflective tape prominently stuck on rear of vehicle or on bike rack at rear.
- Red flashing light mounted on bike rack.
- Car number plate to be visible at all times, as per traffic rules. If bike rack blocks the number plate even partially, Car number to be written / printed and pasted on a visible part of the back of the car.
Documentation Check List
- Copy of Racer’s ID proof.
- Copy of Racer’s Age proof.
- *Copy of Vehicle Registration papers.
- Copy of Drivers’ Licences of ALL the drivers.
- Waiver Form signed by Racer.